Peace Lodge

Vara Blanca Travel Blog

We arrived at Peace Lodge around 3pm. We were greeted warmly by the people at the reception desk. They were busy helping a few other people so they offered a free 15 minute massage while we waited to check it. We happily accepted - since we had been traveling for more than 9 hours. The massages are awesome although it was a little hard to relax at first! After the massages, we checked in. It was raining and one of the guys from reception walked with us to our room and brought our luggage to our room for us. The grounds are beautiful but they also have a lot of stairs and hills so it would be difficult to bring your luggage to your room and carry an umbrella at the same time! The rooms are so beautiful. They personalize a sign outside or room with out last name.
Also, the rooms do not have numbers - that are distinguished by different butterfly names. Our room name was Drusilla. When we got to our room, the reception guy gave us a tour of the room. As soon as the guy left the room, my husband and I looked at each other and said "this is too good to be true". The room and the views were incredible.
We explored the room for a while and then headed off to dinner in the main dinning room. The dinner was a great value. $35 for appetizer, soup or salad, entree and dessert. We were stuffed but the food was great. We went back to our room and fell asleep while the fireplace was going all night.

My husband and I set out to hike the trails in the Waterfall Park. We love hiking and the trails offer an amazing hike.
The pictures are better than what I can describe in words. You feel like you are in the middle of the jungle! Admission to the waterfall park is free if you are staying at the lodge, but I think it's around $30 per person if you just stop by. I think it's well worth the money, however I love hiking and waterfalls and that sort of thing. At the end of the hike, you have to pass through the store in order to get off the trails. Kind of like an amusement park when you get off the ride and have to pass through the store to get out as a ploy to make people buy things.

We took the bus back to the lodge and decided to have lunch at Trout Lake on the lodge grounds. It was a delicious lunch and well deserved after the long hike! After lunch, we headed back to our room and soaked our soar muscles in our hot tub while gazing out into the rain forest from our balcony. I can get used to this!!

That night we ordered room service and hung out in our amazing room.
Vara Blanca