Lazy day

Dubrovnik Travel Blog

What a lazy day today! Last night there was a terrible thunderstorm, as the dark cloud had announced. I had to get up in the middle of the night to bring all the stuff from our terrace inside. The wind blew so hard that our room (other nights always far to hot) was cold, and extra blankets where needed to keep us warm. Yet in the morning, it seemed like nothing had happened...

We left again for a boat. This time to the Elfati Islands. But it turned out we went to the wrong harbour and all boats there were cruises. They were expensive and didn't offer much time to hang around on each island, so we decided not to buy tickets. Alternatively, we searched for the touristy info department and asked a schedule for the right boats. As the next one left late in the afternoon we decided to put off the trip untill tomorrow. We did ate ice-cream (yugo and lime, njam) and fed the fish with the picnic we brought for lunch. Than we returned to the hotel and swam around a bit in the sun.

The buffet wasn't much good today so I decided to ask fries... Normally I would just pick something from the list, just like every one else. But we had discovered that there was a German couple that always demanded a dish that wasn't on the menu of the day (typicaly German I believe). As I was a little bit pissed (tiered from not sleeping overnight and from doing nothing all day), I didn't quite care about politeness anymore and decided to do the same. Fries it were. Of course, not as good as the Belgium ones, but sure good enough to clear up my mood. And of course, the desserts were also wonderful, as they always were.

Another night at the bar it was. And those were great every time (not so much due to the music, more to the company and the whisky-cola).

photo by: benwielenga