Snorkelling at Copacabana beach

Dubrovnik Travel Blog

The view from my balcony

The view from our hotel room is magnificent! We can watch the bay downhill and the green mountains behind it. To the left lies the open sea. Since it was dark when we arrived last night, now is the first time to admire it. A beautiful thing to start this first day in Croatia.

We stay in the Minceta hotel in Lapad. It is one of the cheapest but very nice. The dinner isn't haute cuisine and there aren't to many dishes to choose from, but whatever 's served tastes good. I simply fell in love with the Croatian desserts after one taste already! I can't possibly tell how they made it or what is in it, but it is soooo good! The beach below the hill our accommodation is build on is called Copacabana. Though it isn't much like the real Copacabana a dive in the sea is always better than an ordinary swimming pool. Mainly because snorkelling between the fish is so great!

When the evening fell we took the bus to the old town, to spend some hours there. It was dark so all the streets and buildings where enlightened. The streets where crowded yet the beauty of the city shone through clearly. Small streets covered with steep stairs on the left side of the main street, going uphill to the top of the city. And below most of the churches, fountains, museums,... to be visited. The houses all had little green shutters and doors, and funny enough all the shops were still open. After finally finding a seat on a terra's we watched passers go by for hours.

tvillingmarit says:
Hope you visit Lokrum the small island just 10 min by boat from Dubrovnik
Posted on: Nov 24, 2007
travelman727 says:
Dubrovnik sounds wonderful. I agree with you; a dive in the sea is always better than a swimming pool :-D
Posted on: Jan 18, 2007
Our hotel from upon the sea
Our hotel from upon the sea
I LOVE these deserts. (those plate…
I LOVE these deserts. (those plat…
photo by: benwielenga