Sea World

Gold Coast Travel Blog

dolphin show

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street,  oops I mean Seaworld. Well we are in the Gold Coast which is Australia's capital for  theme parks there is Dream World, Movie World, Wet and Wild and another 2 parks.  We have a 5 year old boy who can't go on many of the rides that the other parks have so we thought we would venture out to the oldest but I think the best theme park Seaworld.

I had been to Seaworld in the early 80's so I was looking forward to going there again to witness it through the eyes of my son. We took the local bus there  and arrived around 10.00am. We picked up the map and the schedules for the show times. The first show was the dolphin encounter show.  Rather than the usual dolphins performing lot of tricks,  the show was  informative and gave lots of information about the dolphins but the climax of the show was the dolpins leaping high out of the water to the cheers of the crowd.

ski show

As we were walking through the park we came upon the new area Sesame street land, my son straight away ran to the area where all the rides for little children were saying he wanted to ride this one, this one and this one. My son was the correct height for all the rides so he was happy to go on them by himself with all the other children. My wife and I watched on as my sons joyous laughter could be heard high above our heads.

After he had had enough fun it was time for lunch, we got some food from the cafe and took it down to where the waterski show was about to start, originally the park started just as a water ski show and where people could come and try waterskiing so much had changed from howthe owner had originally visioned the place to be like. The show was a lot of fun with some tricks being performed and a comical story to go along with it

The sesame street show was going to start next and we would be seriously in trouble if we were to miss it, my son wouldn't have forgiven me.

elmo
He's a big Elmo fan. The show had all the characters Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, grover, cookie monster(my favourite when I was a child) and of course Elmo. The show was mainly just singing and dancing but all the kids loved it clapping, dancing and singing along. My son then went on a few more rides, then he came running over he had spotted a new thing," Daddy, Daddy look what's that big mountain" I loked over and said that's a louge ride." I want to try "he said and off we went I didn't think he wouldn'T meet the height requirement to ride it but he did if there were parents to go on with him. While floating up and around the mountain my son was saying he wasn't scared but as we got to the top and raced down the slide and the water came splashing down on him he began to cry but once we said that it's ok to get wet that it's not a bad thing a big smile came on his face and he raced to the start of the line again.
my son rei 2nd on the right
This time there were no tears as he went down the second time again.

We watched the seal show and had a look at shark bay which I hadn't seen before it was time for the park to close. Overall a fun but tiring day. Tomorrow off to Cairns before going back to Japan.

reikunboy says:
I was hoping to see Oscar the grouch hehe
Posted on: Aug 31, 2008
cmgervais says:
Was Snufalupagus having a sick day?
Posted on: Aug 30, 2008