Sedona

Sedona Travel Blog

I got so excited about the whole marathon thing that I forgot to post about my weekend in Sedona

So I was sick last Thursday and when I tried to call in to work,  I found out that Josephine had called in sick already so I went in even though I was sick.  I left a little bit early and we pretty much decided that I would not come back in that Friday, and that's what ended up happening.  I got home, slept for 3 hours and then felt good enough to go to the concert, but then I was sick again after I got home, so i slept most of Friday.  I got up and went to Sedona, since it was freee and I didn't want it to go to waste, figuring well I can just sleep if I need to and it would be a nice change of scenery.

Saturday morning, I slept in and had a good breakfast, then I was feeling good enough to go hiking, which is where the picture up there was taken.  I went into Boynton Canyon, hiked a grand total of six miles, with the end of the hike being in the middle of the Vortex.  Now, I have never been a superstitious person and when it comes to smudging and crystals and herbs, I am completely unaware, but I definitely felt something unusual at the end of that hike, which apparently was supposed to be positive energy, but it wasn't for me.  I'm not sure if it was just the visual of the rocks piled around looking like gravestones, or if it was something in the air, but quite frankly, it creeped me out.  I was glad to get back down to the trail and be out of that ending place, which reminded me of the graveyard in the Pet Sematary book by Stephen King.

Sunday I slept in, got packed, went shopping, and then I drove down through Payson on the way home, just cause it was such a beautiful day.  I hiked some around a natural bridge, and that was nice..  All in all, a nice weekend.