Alcatraz, Winchester Mansion, Bay Tour

San Francisco Travel Blog

I flew to San Francisco Friday night after having had my hand sanitizing gel confiscated at the airport, somewhat traumatizing.. lol.  I got the rental car with no problem and of course as I am driving out of the airport it starts to rain.  I got caught in traffic on the Embarcadero as a game of some sorts was getting out, my guess was baseball.  So by the time I got to the hotel it was time for bed, it had been a long day all around.

Saturday morning, I slept in just enough to decide not to try and walk to the WW Meeting, which I was thankful for once I saw the two GIANT hills I would have climbed on the way.  Despite the hiking, I still don't feel it necessary to climb hills.. ironic, I know.  On the way back from the meeting I happened to find Lombard Street and after some negotiating, was able to drive down it, which was pretty cool.  I got back to the room and put some warmer clothes on, then I went down to Pier 41 for the Harbor tour.  That was great, we went around the Golden Gate, and Alcatraz, as well as being pointed out the rest of the sights from the bay.  I also went through the Aquarium near Pier 39, which was great.  Dinner was at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co, with a very cute waiter, and then it was back to Alcatraz.  By the time I got up and down that hill I was ready for bed.

Sunday, I slept in, got packed and checked out of the hotel.  I drove the car down to the Winchester Mansion and took the tour of the house as well as the behind the scenes tour and a lot of the grounds, which was great.  I had a small meal there and then I got back to the airport after some confusion with the whole buying gas issue in a strange town, and the flight home was uneventful.

All in all, a great trip.  :)