San Diego, Fish Market, Iron Mountain, Joe's Crab Shack, Martina McBride.

San Diego Travel Blog

Friday, I woke up early despite having been up til 2 packing for San Diego.  I was on the road by about 9, and got to San Diego about 3 after getting lost on the way to the hotel.  I ended up down on the beach later on, around five, and then I had a very nice dinner at The Fish Market.  Their menu is printed new twice a day, depending on what fresh stuff they get in today, and I decided to have some sea bass which was just so good.  I wish we could get that here, or maybe we can..  Anyway

Saturday I got up and went to my meeting, and was pleasantly surprised to see that I had lost 3 pounds that week, bringing the total to 20.2!  So that was great.  I went hiking up Iron Mountain, here's the link.. :

you will see my review on there if you look..  hehehe   I made it up in about 2 hours and down in another one, so it was 3 hours round trip, somewhere around six miles.  So not too bad!

After I got back to the hotel I got my little bikini on and went swimming for a bit.  The trail was really dusty and I didn't realize how grimy I was until I got out of my shoes, there was dust everywhere!  So after a soak in the somewhat chilly pool, which I think the maintenance guy watching me appreciated, I got back to the room, took a nap and then headed out to the Martina McBride concert.  I wasn't sure where it was, so I got there early and ended up with enough time to have a nice dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. http://www.joescrabshack.com/  Really good food, and a really cute waitress...

The Warren Brothers were the opening act for martina, and I used some of my birthday money to get an autographed CD from them.  http://www.warrenbrothers.com/  I listened to the CD the whole way home, and I am officially in love with these guys.  I would encourage everybody to buy their cd.

Sunday, was Sea World, I got to see Shamu.  I saw a lot of dolphins and sharks and fish and birds and..  well, you're getting the idea.  I took a ride in the Skyride which took us up to the top of the sky and I could see all of San Diego from there.  The lunch thing got screwed up, but that was ok, I got my money back.

The drive home was tiring, because I forgot to put sunscreen on the back of my neck and got a little toasted, but I'm home now and I'm off to bed!

San Diego