Polynesian Cultural Center

Honolulu Travel Blog

Today I actually think was the day I got used to the time change, so I slept until almost 8, which was great.  I got up, had some breakfast and caught the bus to the Polynesian Cultural Center at 10:10.  I found myself with a group of students who had come to Hawaii for a class (That's a class I want to take), all from Minnesota.  The tour guide was really funny, and we got up to the PCC around noon, but they didn't open till 12:30.  So I took a canoe trip around the center and looked at all the islands, then I followed the tour guide around.

I saw Samoa, Tahiti, Fiji, and Hawaii, before the canoe tour started at 2:30, which was really cool, and then I went to the IMAX movie about the coral reef.  After the movie was over, I took a shuttle ride over to BYU Hawaii and saw the Temple visitor's center.  It was nice to be able to sit down for a little while, since I didn't realize how much walking I would do this day, and didn't wear my sneakers.

At 5, the luau started.  I didn't like this luau as much as Germaine's because I was sitting with a bunch of strangers, we hadn't ridden out on the bus together like I did at Germaine's, so it was a little strange.  The food was good though, even though they were out of poi by the time I got up there, so i was never able to try it like someone told me I should.  They had a nice show at the luau as usual, and then there was another show after the luau ended.  I got back to the hotel around 10:30, and it was right to bed with this tired girl.

Honolulu