North Shore, Dole Pineapple Plantation, Dinner Cruise

Waipahu Travel Blog

 › entry 7 of 8 › view all entries

Today i rented a car again from Enterprise (Highly recommended, especially after the Alamo experience I will tell you about), and drove up to the Dole Pineapple Plantation.  They had a nice tour train that went around the plantation and I got to see all the pineapple growing, along with a whole bunch of other fruits.  It had spectacular views from the plantation, and I learned alot about the process we go through to get pineapple.  I bought some souveniers, and off to the North Shore.

The North shore is a beautiful place.  The day was windy and rainy, so there were breaking waves up to 25 feet, according to the radio.  I didn't get to lay on the beach like I'd hoped, I was afraid I would have blown away.. lol

I found a really good little shrimp stand on the side of the road and had shrimp for lunch, then I drove 10 miles and looked around the place where they grow the shrimp, which was really interesting.  The road took me back down past the Polynesian Cultural Center, and I was able to stop on the way back and take more pictures.  I saw some of the places where they filmed  50 First Dates, and took a ton of pictures of the ocean and the mountains. 

when I got back to Waikiki, it was only about 2, so I took the road back down around Sea Life Park, and drove on H3 to get back, which apparently is one of the most controversial highways in the US.  It took 30 years to build, and cost about 1.5 Billion dollars, for a stretch of highway that is about 5 miles long.  The view was awesome though, and definitly worth the trip.

After I dropped off the car, I went back to the hotel and took another shower to get ready for the dinner cruise.  I found myself on a bus with about 30 Iraqui's, which was interesting because I spent most of the drive out to the pier trying to figure out what language they were talking and I finally had to ask someone.  The dinner cruise was nice, they had a good show, and the Mai Tai's were the best I'd had yet.  It was a little bit depressing to be what seemed like the only single person there, but that's ok.  lol..  I got back to the hotel around 9, and had to go right to bed so I could be up early the next day.

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!