Day on the Bay

Honolulu Travel Blog

I went parasailing!

I was on a boat with two japanese couples, and they all went first, everybody got dunked into the water despite the claims that you just go right up into the air, and we got pictures taken while we were up in the air flying around.

My hat blew away, and when the guys tried to circle around and try to rescue it for me, the couple that was up fell right into the water.  It was almost funny, and my hat was lost at sea, never to return.

After the parasailing adventure, the original plan had been to ride in a glass-bottom boat, but it was too windy and they said that it wouldn't be safe so instead I ended up on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, being strapped to an innertube and driven all around the bay.  I got to see the house where the Kaiser guy lives, who apparently after starting a giant chain of hospitals in California and who knows where else, moved to Hawaii and started a bunch of companies, established the health insurance company that covers most of the seasonal employees in Hawaii, and did a lot of other cool things for the Islands.

Lunch was somewhere in Waikiki, and then I went shopping, bought a new hat and a couple of t-shirts and basically walked all around.

photo by: crystalware