where's my hotel please

Kalamazoo Travel Blog

So in St. Joe's I went to my GPS to find a hotel near by.  I decided to go to Kalamazoo because I was so close I'd be stupid not too... and with a name like that why wouldn't you want to stop there! Ha Ha Ha!  So I looked at the names of hotels that came up on my GPS and called the phone number that came up.  I was preoccupied so when I heard the woman ask for a reservation to told her yes.... for 45 minutes.  So I gave her my credit card number as a hold and headed on my way.

I get into Kalamazoo and follow the directions to the Quality Inn.  Well, it took me to a Econo Lodge and some other hotels... I drive around the block and circle around to where I originally started... well, caddy corner to the econo lodge I passed a quality inn and so I went in figuring the GPS got the coordinates wrong.  I tell the receptionist that I had a reservation.  She told me the didn't see my name there... I said yes I called 45 minutes ago or so ... she told me nobody called in the past hour... she never got a call.  I pulled out my phone and show the number I called... she looked at me and said that I booked the econo lodge... I told her I didn't... the GPS said that this address and this number was theirs.  And I showed her... well, that really didn't help much as it can't turn back time.  But the woman at quality saw that I was tired and exhausted from driving all day and called over to the econo lodge for me to see if the reservations can be canceled sine I didn't want to get back into my car.  Well, that didn't happen... the reservations couldn't be broken.

So I head over the econo lodge... the receptionist there was sort of confused why I wanted to break the reservations... she wasn't as nice as the quality receptionist but she did understand why I was frustrated and tired and why I didn't want to drive around the corner to get to that hotel...

This page is under construction til next week!

High lights: Quality Inn and Econo Lodge

Kalamazoo Hotels & Accommodations review
a nice receptionisht
So even though I didn't stay here the service at the desk was really nice. Because of the mix up and the fact that I've been driving all day she call… read entire review
Kalamazoo Hotels & Accommodations review
cheap hotel... not too bad
I got to the econo lodge at 11ish PM... I got my key and headed to my room. It was like any cheaper hotel out there and it smelled sort of musty. Th… read entire review
Kalamazoo