"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow."

Helsinki Travel Blog

The past two days we have had some nice weather. Well at least yesterday was sunny, but it hasn't raind for a couple of days so I count it as good weather. We walked around the city a lot yesterday and I ended up taking 180 pictures! I have found a much esier way of putting them up. I had a lot of problems using this site so I going to include a link to them on another site.

The last few days have been kind of low key for me. I had a couple of not so good days at the end of the week but I relaxed this weekend and made up for them. I did not win a trip to Ireland...but I am okay with that. it turns out that Jameson whiskey was the sponsor of the game and it was more of a promotion and whiskey tasing than anything... and it was not very good. not my thing. Thursday we had class, it was boring as usual. then we went to get a visa for Ashley, but we ended up just getting the papers. Then we went to the library where my bad day began, I tripped over a chair and got my foot stuck under a table somehow. It hurt a lot and bled a little and bruised a lot. Then I wanted to check out 'a million little pieces' and I forgot my pin code.so i asked the librarian for it. I had three picture IDs and she would not give it to me with out a passport, too important and confidential for three IDs. It's a library, really what am I going to do? Steal someones card so I can check out books and not return them? After that I went home and met my new roommate Nina, from Austria. I wanted to show her the trick of not getting locked out, however i failed and somehow locked her inside of her room with her keys. It took us a lot of muscle and about 15 minutes to get the door cracked enough to get a tiny key through it. By this time I was hungry. I went to heat up leftovers and spilled them on the ground. So i made dinner. I had turned the wrong burner on and when I turned it off, I clicked it over one too many times. All of the burners get warm when the stove is one so i wanted tp heat up sauce for my noodles. I put my hand over the burner and it seemed warm. So I set my hand on it to see how warm. It had been on hig for 15-20 minutes. ouch. So I went to bed. The next day I took a shower and lost my nose stud and cut my armpit and while I was in the shower the wind blew my door shut. So I had to wait around for a while in just a towel until the security people came to let me in adn i get to pay 27 euros for it too. I thought it was funny that I told Nina about it the day before... and then it happened to me. The next day my other roommate lost a key. We are a pretty cool bunch of girls.

Yesterday and today have been filled with relaxing and walking around the city and naps and reading. Tomorow we start our Finnish course and I am very excited. Now it is very late and I need to get to bed.

If you have any questions fel free to send me an email, i would love to hear from you! Amanda.greiner@mnsu.edu

photo by: portia