My First Week

Fuquay-Varina Travel Blog

I have spend my first week here in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina (trying to pronounce it right, I'm still Dutch you know). It all went really well, better than I even expected. I arrived at Raleigh-Durham airport 20 minutes early, but there they were, my host parents and their daughter. I was so relieved everything went well, I almost cried (I didn't though). We got my bagage and drove up to their town, Fuquay Varina. My first impressions were all really good and that means a lot to me, cause you never forget the first impression. We arrived at the neighbourhood and my mouth fell wide open! It was like Cribs only in 3D. The houses were all beautiful, and when they pulled up to their home, there was an enormous smile on my face. It is an amazing house (my mam thought I was going to end up in a trailer)

The first day of school started August 25th. It is kind of weird being the new kid, especially being an exchange student. But also really great cause everbody is interested in you. I'm suprised how many people dont know where Holland is, I mean, I know it's not the most important country in the world, but come on, "Holland? Is that in England?" That's kind of pushing it too far. I haven't really made any great friends yet but I'm getting there!

homeres says:
hope u have a good semester! i started school on aug 25th too here in WV! I at least can say I have been to Holland 3 times!
Posted on: Aug 27, 2008