New York

New York Travel Blog

Hello everybody,
After an amazing going away party with lots and lots of crying I was on my way to America, my adventure. We (a group of exchange students from the Netherlands) spend the first 2,5 days in New York City. Beautiful as always, I was amazed just as I was seven years ago. Not only by the breathtaking skyscrapers, but by it's people too. Every single one of them seems to know exactly where they're going, in such a busy city. I loved every minute of it.

But when we got to Ground Zero my smile dissappeared from my face. I have always had a connection with New York, ever since my foot touched the ground at JFK airport, July 2001. As you can see by the date, I saw the Twin Towers in all their glory, they made the skyline what it was: priceless. When I was on the ferry to Liberty Island and looked back over my shoulder to see Manhattan, something was definitely missing.

We stayed at the Sheraton Hotel, and that exceeded my expectations. After staying in a hostel in Barcelona with a class trip, I was prepared for anything (boy scout rule nr. 1). But when the bus pulled up to the Sheraton hotel in Newark, I was very pleased. I had an amazing stay!

After two days in New York, we woke up at 3 am to catch our planes. Everybody was very excited eventhough it was in the middle of the night. After waiting in line for 30 minutes, we checked in and we all went our seperate ways to our destinations where we would be staying for 10 months.

North Carolina here I come!

708 km (440 miles) traveled