Its a jungle baby

Rurrenabaque Travel Blog

When we arrived this morning I nearly sang with joy, especially when I discovered my bag was still with us, as I had figured a ride this bad could surely only end with lost luggage and no cooler clothes to change into.  I looked around for a cab and discovered absolutely none, only motorcycle taxis, which I did not trust with all my luggage rocking us dangerously around.  I walked instead, about 5 blocks only luckily, but carrying all my heavy luggage and pouring sweat in the extreme jungle sun.  Once I found a decent looking hostel I ran for the shower, and for once was relieved it had only cold water, albeit it also had a giant toad in it, hopping stupidly into the corner repeatedly in a futile attempt to escape his blue-tiled prison.

Once rinsed I set out to book a pampas tour, and settled on a company that assured me we could be back in time for my flight 4 days from now, as I have no desire to spend any extra nights in the mosquito filled, humid dusty town.  All afternoon I've been visiting cafes and drinking fresh fruit juices while catching up in my journal, as its too hot to do anything else, including eat!

Rurrenabaque