Rainy Sunday Afternoon Blues

Cuenca Travel Blog

Sunday morning I went again to the internet place as it was rainy and grey, plus everything cultural was closed.  I decided to free up some room on my memory card and saved all the pictures onto the rented computers desktop, erasing them off the camera in the process.  Unfortunately, the computer crashed mid upload and they had to reset it.  Once rebooted, much to my horror, I discovered my folder was no longer there!  Apparently, the internet café has a program to automatically erase all items off the desktop…. had I known and saved in a folder elsewhere, therefore, I would have been fine.  What a balls!  All my Banos and Cuenca photos are forever gone.  Ironically enough, every other time I uploaded I NEVER erased the photos off the card, for just this type of situation.  “What can happen” I thought, laughing at my overzealous care.  They’re saved permanently on the desktop, after all!”  I wanted to cry, especially as the employee there didn’t care at all and just got annoyed with my lack of Spanish computer vocab.  I tried to remain calm however, and consoled myself that loads of travelers lose pics, usually accompanied by lost cameras, so it was just a part of the experience and I shouldn’t let it get me down.  I did manage to get my next few days planned and booked in; a great relief as getting to Cuzco overland on bus was proving to be difficult.  I booked a night in Lima plus an early morning flight, so that’s one issue solved anyways!

Afterwards was a pretty chill night, much the same as the night before.  I spent my time with the German and two Irish girls, popping out for dinner but returning to the handy café for some more minty refreshments before calling it a night and turning in.

thomasjbartyhead says:
Sure let there be no need for panic :-)
Posted on: Sep 11, 2008