Paying the price

La Paz Travel Blog

The next day I had to be checked out by 1, so begrudgingly dragged myself out of bed at 12ish to shower and pack.  Later that evening the French couple, Thomas and I were all going to Unuyi on a night bus starting at 7 pm, so I just had to kill time before then.  My only task was my ticket refund, and in the state I was in I kicked myself in the ass for not doing it the day before.  I grabbed a cab right after lunch and went down, the place was closed however so I had to go back and wait for 3.  I pissed around on the internet, once again greatly abusing the 20 min time limit (ignoring it bluntly, more like it) and at 3 forced myself out into the world once again.  Luckily, once that was sorted I had no further responsibilities and went back online, chatting with Darren on the msn and reassuring him that the assholes who keep telling him I must be cheating are simply that, assholes.  At around 6 we rounded up the troops and headed to the bus station, joined by a a friend of the French couple who had a ticket but had miscounted her available days.  Once there she tried to get a refund, much to my dismay as we were running late already and she was taking up massive amounts of time.  After only about an hours sleep the night before I was in no mood to miss this bus, but finally we make it on there and discovered a fairly plush setup, especially for Bolivian standards.  They even played a decent movie, Cloverfield, which I had seen already but would have liked to see again.  Unfortunately, the movie turned itself off after 10 minutes and no one ever put it back on, I still don't know what that was about.  I resigned myself to sleep, which despite my lack of was still elusive.  The bus was bumpy and cold, but finally at 7 am we pulled into Unuyi.
La Paz