The Pampas

Santa Rosa Travel Blog

On the 2nd day of our tour, our guide caught an anaconda and we all got pictures with it, although I had him hold the head rather than doing it myself as some brave people (fools) did.  To find the snake we walked for ages through a lily pad infested swamp in which if you weren't careful would suck you knee deep into the muck (This happened to Gabby about 5 times!)  In the evening we took another boat ride  down to the "sunset bar" at one of the other campsites and had a nice cold beer, the sunset however was mostly obliterated by the clouds.  Later in our own campsite we mostly crashed out early after lounging around on one of the many hammocks strewn about.  A few people started a bonfire and someone was strumming a guitar to create a lovely campy atmosphere, but after our early rise I as well was ready to sleep fairly early.  I did get asked by our guide if I wanted to help make jewelery for the group, but after one necklace this turned out to be a chance to ask me to partake in another activity of a far more naked nature, which I naturally politely refused.
Yes, thats an Anaconda