No Fly Zone

Rurrenabaque Travel Blog

The next morning we traipsed down to the ticket office for an update, but were only told to come again at midday to see if there was a chance to fly then.  Gabby opted for the bus back and left that day, so I moved into the triple room with Leah and Nick, who were also waiting for the flights to take off.  That evening and the next two days were basically the same schedule, and we joked often how we felt trapped in our own "Groundhogs Day" routine:  In the evenings we ate and drank at the mosquito bar (it was the only place that accepted credit cards in an ATM-less town), during the day we checked our flight updates (which, obviously, were all "come back again laters"), read, had lunch, went internetting, and returned once again for happy hour in the bar.  Leah was the most anxious of us to leave as her sister was waiting, Nick I think slightly less bothered and I, to be honest, was just fine where I was.  The extreme heat was cooled by the freak rain storm so the air was pleasant, the friends were good and the drinks were cheap.  What else do you need really?
Rurrenabaque