Doing not much in Lima

Lima Travel Blog

I took my longest bus ride to date to Lima, 16 hours continuously.  The bus was fairly nice to be fair, with reclining huge seats soft enough to sleep in.  Lima itself was a pretty calm experience, I arrived and that's about it!  My lady cab driver from the bus station to the terminal tried her damnest to convince me to stay in Miraflores, she prattled on the entire 30 minute ride about how dangerous my hostel was, and even handed me a bunch of fliers for considerably more expensive hostels in Lima's upscale district.  All the guidebooks warm cabbies will do this, but actually its the first time I've had it to such an extent.  I stuck to my guns however and arrived to find a safe, clean, practical and friendly hostel close to the airport.  After a quick wander to the nearest restaurant (the area was probably not as safe as the hostel itself, from the looks of it). I spent the rest of the evening on the one computer they had, unsuccessfully trying to upload photos but instead freezing and restarting the computer regularly.  It did have a web cam however, so I got a chance to see the smiling face I had been missing for nearly a month now! I went to bed fairly early as I had to be up at 3:15, and made sure a cab was ordered for me in the morning.
thomasjbartyhead says:
Seeing ur smile was also great, but looking into your eyes was even better
Posted on: Sep 22, 2008
yadilitta says:
yes, that area is not the safest. But your second time in Lima was fun!!!
Posted on: Sep 22, 2008