Dia de los Museos

Cusco Travel Blog

The next day I had an alone day, so armed with Sachin's tourist ticket I hit up 3 museums in the city, trying to fulfill the up-to-now void of cultural trinkets such as paintings, sculptures, and broken ancient pottery.  I grabbed a salad in a cafe along one of the plazas, but regretted my choice of outdoor seating as no less than 15 vendors tried to sell me something in the 30 minutes I has there.  That's not even an overblown number for comical purposed, it was that persistent.  I also managed to secure a great deal on a North Face winter coat for only 45 USD, and booked 3 of us in a paragliding session for the following morning.
    The evening turned into yet another fairly drunk night with Ali, Hasan and Micheala.  We played pool and net a few Americans doing so and the whole crew decided to come to Mr. Meats along with my original crew, who arrived back to the hostel at around 9.  The 10 of us were a much bigger group than the original 4, and I had some not so slight suspicions that some, if not all, of the originals didn't really appreciate me expanding the group to over double the number.  In the end, however, everyone seemed to get along and have a good time, so no harm done.  The food wasn't as spectacular as the first time around, the meat was still nice but the potatoes I got weren't even cooked, just cold leftover potatoes cut in half, they even had purple edges still!  We did however get free Pisco Sours all around, so I suppose it evens it out.
thomasjbartyhead says:
hey lady, would you like to buy these excellent trikets :-)
Posted on: Sep 22, 2008