Only one weekend to run around and tour the area!

Lacey Travel Blog

Seattle Public Market

I was staying in Lacey, WA for two weeks on business all by my lonesome.  So that means I would be at work all day during the week, and really have no time and nothing to do afterwards before I had to wake up early for another weekday...bah.  So finally, my one and only weekend I was going to have while in Washington came and I shot up to Seattle, then Vancouver.  I managed to squeeze in Mt. Rainier (by far my favorite part of the whole trip) one day after work!

Seattle made a good impression on me.  It's a unique and beautiful city that full of activities, shops, joggers, cyclists, and boaters.  I went into the whole weekend ordeal with no reservations of any kind.

Pike Place Market
  I just drove and did what I could on the fly.  I paid to park my car, and called a local tour group, hoofed my way to a pick up spot, and got on a tour bus.  The tour was informative, comfortable, and enjoyable.  Mostly the bus just kept on rolling, but there were a few places where it stopped and allowed us to explore for 20 minutes or so.

Unfortunately, after getting aquainted with Seattle on the tour bus, it was getting late, and I had to keep on cruisin' up to Vancouver.  I drove a little while before getting a hotel in Bellingham, WA.  I woke up the next morning and headed out to Canada.  After getting lost over and over again in Vancouver, I found a parking garage and decided I would do again what I did in Seattle.

The man-made Waterfall Garden
  Find a tour and hop on.  So I did, except the "Big Bus" tour in Vancouver was pretty much awful.  It was a hop on/hop off tour though, which was good, but the tour was given by a pre-recorded CD which was played as we moved along the tour route.  Personally, I'm not a fan of that, I'd rather hear a live person telling me about their city.  All in all, Vancouver was big, busy, and in my opinion not all that impressive.  Then again, I was pressed for time and did not get to do any activities.  I would have liked to visit the aquarium and other things, but didn't have the time.

Before it got too late I got my car and drove to North Vancouver to check out the Capilano Suspension Bridge.   This was my favorite part of Vancouver.

Fireman Memorial, Occidental Square
  Crossing the bridge was crazy.  All I could think about was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom at the end when the suspension bridge he was on collapsed!  Haha, the little kids would all run and jump on it to shake it just for fun!  It was different, and good to get out on my feet and do something.  I had fun.

Lastly, before I had to come back to the East Coast, I got to go up to Mt. Rainier National Park.  Absolutely beautiful!  Being in the gorgeous mountains and evergreen forests was by far my favorite thing about getting to visit the Pacific Northwest.  Breathtaking scenery like I have not seen before.  My favorite part was when it was getting to be dusk, I saw some bears down in a valley eating, and I just got to sit there and watch them all alone from the hill.  It was so peaceful and quiet, I loved it!

So, I tried to make the best out of a boring business trip.  I really did enjoy being there, except for the traffic!

The Fremont Troll
The Fremont Troll
Fremont: The self proclaimed cente…
Fremont: The self proclaimed cent…
Seattles Chinatown
Narada Falls
Narada Falls
Reflection Lake
Reflection Lake
You can tell that I'm afraid of h…
Video from Mt. Rainier, Washington