work shops and networking

Boston Travel Blog

But I woke up late… as usual, so I just went and grabbed 2 banana’s and went on my way to the meetings for the day. Here we got to hear from really great key note speakers like Maria Wilson from the White House Project and a number of other influential people. Then there were 3 workshops for us to go to that we got to pick from when we registered. Which the first two were a blessing for me as I needed both those workshops and the 3rd one was sort of boring. But I guess you’ll have that.

So remember the day before how I talked about people not being too adventurous. Yeah… this is where it kicks in. See they made reservations for the cactus club… but I guess it’s to no fault of them as the one making the reservation didn’t know that we went there last night. I made some suggestions and got some suggestions from some people who live in Boston… they suggested to go to Newberry street and I suggested going up to Union Street (that’s where the oldest restaurant in the US is---see my previous Boston Blog from 2007) and Quincy Market… well, some of them were afraid we wouldn’t get back. The subway stop was right down the road and it was a half hour to get to it. And Newberry was about 3 blocks up the road.

But we went to the Cactus Club again…. Last night we just got appetizers and drinks… so it would be nice to eat there. We went with a group of 20 and it was a lot of fun. Some of the people I knew from a year ago so it was nice playing catch up… some were in new stores and others in new positions in their store… and then getting to meet new people.

After dinner we went to McGreevy’s for some beers and then to Lir’s and then to Dillion’s. (By the way if you want to know why I don’t have photo’s of all the outings just ask and I’ll be happy to answer you if I trust you… I do have a good answer---- sorry about the lack of photo’s Mel!)

Boston