Not pronounced like Pittsburgh

Edinburgh Travel Blog

Ok, the first thing I need to point out, as I learned quickly, is that Edinburgh is not pronounced the same as Pittsburgh…there’s a lot more syllables in Edinburgh that most people in Pittsburgh can spell in a word…outside their last names.  Just kidding, I love Pittsburgh as well (went to school there for four years) but I have to give the nod to Edinburgh here.

A few months back, there was some talk on the forum for a possible TB meet-up in August during the festival.  Ok, the initial date for the meet-up was a Friday and no venues or lists of people or anything were forthcoming, but Edinburgh was high on my list of cities in Europe to visit still, I hadn’t planned any real holiday yet, and there was a dirt cheap flight to Edinburgh out of Weeze, so I booked it!  Finding a place to stay was a little more difficult (and a lot more expensive) but managed to pull off a reservation at what appeared to be a decent guest house as well.  Now all I needed was the meet-up!

Unfortunately, over the ensuing months, the meet-up never materialized ��" but undaunted, I continued on to the city anyway.  Anyway, there was the meet-up in London that weekend as well, perhaps I’ll find a way down there as well?  Let’s see how things progress.

Edinburgh