Dallas Fort Worth International Airport

Dallas Travel Blog

T.G.I.F.

I have a two hour and twenty five minute layover here.  It will give me time to stretch my legs and get a bite to eat.

My flight from Denver arrived about twenty minutes late. I arrived tired and hungry. I headed over to the bathroom and then looked for something to eat. I found T.G.I.F....always good food.  I ordered the Dragonfire Chicken, it came with steamed broccoli and fried rice. It was just enough and tasted great. Check this out.....you get a metal fork and a platic knife to eat with. I asked the waiter why the plastic knife, he said because of security reasons. Like a metal fork could not hurt you. I would have never thought of that. Times have changed!!!!

I'm sitting at gate C36 waitng on my American AIrlines flight 674 to Tampa. I should get into Tampa a little after midnight. The plan just arrived. I've got about twenty minutes before we start boarding.

It's dark outside and I hope the plane is cool and quite. The flight is going to be full. My flight from Denver was full also. American Airlines packs them in. On my flight here there was a couple from Argentina and they were heading back home. It was still a ten hour flight from Dallas....whew!! What a long day for them. The only thing that worries me is Tropical Storm Gustav. Are we going to fly around it or climb to a higher altitude and go over it. It's going to be a bumby ride!!!

Dallas