Waiting at TIA for my flight to Denver

Tampa Travel Blog

Tampa International Airpoet, waiting for my flight.

Well, Well,  I'm  up at 6:30am, took a shower and finished packing for my trip. My parents picked me up at 7:30am. I arrived in plenty of time for my flight. I like to get to the airport early so I can get thru security and get some breakfast and not feel rushed. I'm flying out on United and my flight was supposed to leave at 11:11am. I was looking at the departure board making sure that I get ot the right gate, the board changed right in front of me. My flight was delayed for two hours.  I called United and they said it was due to a mechanical problem.....great!!!   It makes you crazy. I only have three days to enjoy my trip. Hopefully we leave on time.

When  I get into Denver I have to pick up my car and drive on down to Colorado Springs, it's about an hour drive.

Taking off from TIA
My hotel is right off interstate 25 and Garden of the Gods Blvd.  I want to visit Garden of the Gods today, we will have to see if my flight leaves on time.

Tomorrow I'll have a short drive to Manitou Springs,  I have an 8:00am reservation with the Cog Train up to Pikes Peak. Looking forward to that very much. When I skydived we jumped out at the alltitude of 13,500 feet. The summit of Pikes Peak is 14,400 feet. Crazy to think about it like that.  After Pikes Peak  I'll be driving to the Royal Gorge in Canon City. I had visited it back in the early seventies when I was a kid. By looking at the photos on google it has changed alot.  After the gorge I'll drive back to Colorado Springs and see Seven Falls  and or Cave of the Winds. Going to have a full day tomorrow. I like it when it's busy like that. Monday I plan on getting up early a driving back to Denver and visiting the Zoo.  My flight leaves around 3:00pm on Monday.

Cool!!....they just made an announcement that the flight will be leaving at 1:00pm.  There is a smile on my face again..:)))))  The weather here has turned from sunshine into a heavy downpour. No thunder or lightning yet. I hope it stays that way so it will not delay the flight any longer.

Tampa International Airpoet, waiti…
Tampa International Airpoet, wait…
Up Up and Away