The Big One

Panama City Travel Blog

Farmacia Arrocha...?

Well we wanted a big night out - and this Saturday night was it.  More on that in a minute.

In the daytime, Adam and I essentially took a self-guided walking tour of Panama City.  We started with lunch at El Trapiche on Via Argentina.  A nice authentic lunch - i had gallo pinto (some kind of rice, bean, and pork stew) - and great sangria.  Then we walked all over town in search of art galleries where we might find some paintings by local artists.  Adam was in the market, not me.  We didn´t have much luck on the paintings front, but we did cover some territory.  We found a semi upscale mall down by the water and Ave Balboa.  We also found Farmacia Arrocha (not sure if my friend Patricia´s family owns this place, or if it´s just a coincidence that it´s her last name too).

Ready for a big night out - got my new Panama shirt on!

We came back to the apartment in the early evening and got ready for our big night out with Bruce, Karin, and some of Karin´s friends.

The four of us started at Manolo Carocol in Casco Viejo.  This place was a fixed price, fixed menu joint.  Pretty awesome.  The small dishes just kept coming and coming.  Shrimp, stuffed chiles, octopus, carne, etc.  Some really good cocada for dessert, too.

Then Bruce dropped us off on Calle Uruguay where we met up with Karin´s friends Wendy, Geraldine, and Yari.  We went into club Guru and found a table in the back corner, where we´d spend the next several hours talking, people watching, drinking, and eventually dancing.  The girls obviously were great dancers and new all the reggaton songs... and then there was me (and Adam).

It was very late when we called it a night ... ending with Adam hitting up a street vendor for some kind of taco thing.

The next morning was a rough one.

Farmacia Arrocha...?
Ready for a big night out - got my…
Ready for a big night out - got m…
Panama City