A day in Brussels

Brussels Travel Blog

the famous boy

We headed for a road trip to Brussels which was quicker than I thought.  Four hours by Eurolines bus from Paris to Brussels was not really that long.  Things were quiet when we got to the city and shops were closed which made us wonder if it was a holiday that day. After lunch, we took a short walk to the historical centre and there we found people, lots of them..... all around the small packed place.

Like any other tourists, we were out there in search for the famous little boy:  the Mannekin Pis. After getting lost in several tiny streets, I asked impatiently, "where is he?!!" (the boy who got famous for pissing).   My companion said "let's follow the tourists, we're sure to find it". (Funny, he said it in such a way like we were never one of them.

..)

Finally, we saw him. And all I managed to say was: "what.... that's it????"  It wasn't like I was expecting something humongous for a small boy's statue, but at least not that small.

And then it was time for us to have a taste of Belgian Beer. I'm telling you their beer was pretty good. And it's interesting how people can take their beers seriously.  But I agree, when in Belgium, it's another imperative thing to try.  And don't forget to sample the finest Belgian chocolates.  I brought some home from the airport, which Im sure was more expesive than the usual price.

We concluded the day with a bit of shopping.  There were lots of good things to buy but most shops were already closed.

Overall, Brussels is a nice place to be at but we never stayed long enough to find out other insteresting spots.

beer garden
signs
signs
viva bruxelles
viva bruxelles
kiss and drive (i agree!)
kiss and drive (i agree!)
ooh la la...belgian chocolates!
ooh la la...belgian chocolates!
grand palace
grand palace
Brussels Hotels & Accommodations review
Central hotel in Brussels
THON Hotel is located right in the center of Brussels along Avenue du Boulevard, just a couple of steps from Gare Du Nord Station and about 12km away … read entire review