Loveland

Loveland Travel Blog

OK, so I was at Fort Collins/Loveland Airport at 3am for my door to door shuttle pickup.  They won't come to my house anymore as I live about 1/2 mile out of their door to door service area.  I always park at the airport - that way if I can hop to LAS and skip back into Loveland on Allegiant Air my pickup is already there.  Anyway - was not hard to awaken at the early hour as I didn't go to bed.  I knew the long trip ahead of me, and I had some packing to do and mucking out of the house beforehand, so I just stayed up.  The cab was right on time and I was at the pickup stop in Centerra before long.  No troubles getting on the bus.  It started raining pretty hard, so I dozed half out of survival so I didn't have to watch the road, and half as I was pretty-much wasted from no sleep.  Figured that would make the trip go faster.  DIA was busy, as usual, so I checked in for my flight and went to eat breakfast.  I am always majorly early, so I had time to read the paper and try to stay awake.  I made the flight, which was very full.  There were quite a few standby passengers, but I allowed lots of time and some additional back up plans so I wasn't really worried.  I wanted to try to go through Charlotte and see if it was easier to fly through, but Philly has two daily Frankfurt flights and Charlotte only has one.  All the flights were fairly full, so I wanted to give myself the best chance at getting out today.  I chose Philly.  So, I got seat 25B - which is not the best seat, but I fell asleep the minute I sat down.  Don't even remember the safety demo.

Loveland