Saturday in Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Mom at the Pompidou Center Fountain
I went to bed really early again on Friday night. I slept well from about 10 o’clock until 1:30 in the morning. Then I just laid there. I last looked a the clock at 5:08 this morning. I woke up again around 7:30 when I noticed that I was sleeping on my arm, and it felt cold and dead. I sat up and it just lied there, it was really sort of gross, the blood started flowing again and I was back to sleep and woke up at 10:30, much later than I wanted to sleep in. Mom set out for pastry and coffee while I showered, , no such luck – our boulangerie was closed for the weekend. With no breakfast, we headed to the Marche aux Puces (the flea market). I t looked a little junky at first, sort of like Chinatown in New York, but once you make it into the alleyways, you see all sorts of treasures – it wasn’t filled with cheap stuff, but there was some really neat stuff.
Yum!
It was huge and compact at the same time – similar to the markets in Bangkok and Cairo. We left there and headed to the left bank for lunch. We had seen some decent looking places that had fixed price meals and mom wanted French Onion Soup. We found a nice looking place and mom had her soup along with the rarest hamburger ever. I had mussels and fries with a glass of wine. The mussels were so good, actually better than the ones I had in Brussels. Mom was getting a headache and was in a pretty bad mood, so it was best to get her back to the hotel. We have been watching a lot of BBC in the room -- learning about wildlife and planting veg and keeping up with the windstorms and the Big Brother racial controversy in the UK. After we got back to the hotel, Mom got her coffee and I decided I would check out the Forum des Halles, an underground mall near here, since it was pouring down rain. It was amazingly crowded. I didn’t stay long, but I did manage to check in at H&M, Muji, and Habitat. After shopping, I headed back to the hotel and have been here since, watching more BBC and nursing my own headache. I am forcing myself to stay up later tonight, so I am trying to get into this show about wildebeests and get ready for our visit to the Musee’ D’Orsay tomorrow. I also plan on checking out Pere Lachaise Cemetery if the weather improves.
Paris