Rory McLeod and Tonchi sing

Melbourne Travel Blog

It's my birthday today and I get to choose my treat.   Kate comes over and we go to the best Yum Cha in the Melbourne suburbs at the Tai Pan.  Table for 7 includes 3 1/2 year old Simon and we say "Yes", to just about every dish that comes around!  Back to the house and the air conditioner and Kate decides that the fish tank needs cleaning.  Their owner Tina has been in London since about July and we think that she is the only one who cleans their tank.  So, Tina, it has been done and there were no casualties!  Once Kate and Freya have found a new house to rent, they have offered to come and collect the fish and tank and mind them until you come home.

For the evening we have tickets for the Corner Hotel to see Rory McLeod from the UK and Tonchi, formerly from Bourke (outback NSW).  Jamie is coming, along with our friend L and Andrew's brother and his two daughters.  They are brilliant as always and Rory finishes the evening after midnight and seems rather surprised that he has run out of time.  Still we are off to the Illawarra Folk Festival at Bulli, NSW next week and he is singing there too so I hope to hear some of my favourite songs that he missed.

photo by: jendara