Ready to pack my bags...

Illinois Travel Blog

...but I'm not sure where I'm headed yet!

To catch this blog up to speed, I have been talking with 3 different recruiters, as well as searching on my own since April, for a school in South Korea that I feel comfortable with. 2 of the 3 recruiters just weren't following through for a while, so around 2.5 weeks ago I started talking with Don from Best Teachers International and he has been really speedy and helpful, seeing as I want to be over there this time next month. He has found a school that I have practically fallen in love with in Ansan, South Korea. However, the contract is a bit open ended and I don't want to be taken advantage of while over there, especially seeing as I have slightly naive tendencies. They have offered me a job and I really want to sign away my next year with them!

I just have to remember to stay calm and centered, wait for the email addresses of current teachers at the school (DnB chain school) so that I can find out the actual conditions of the school, what the work day is like, being paid on time, etc. If I get back positive information from them I probably will go ahead with this school because it seems like a great deal, if everything they've said (though not all of it is in the contract...hmm...) is true.

I studied abroad in South Korea back in the Fall of 2006 and absolutely loved my time there. Sure, there were some very stressful and irritating circumstances while I was over there, but you can't dwell on the negative things in life. No journey abroad is going to be "perfect"...just "perfect for me!" :)

So...right now I'm at a standstill for a few days on South Korea plans...I haven't been able to find out much information on Ansan, but it can't be too terrible, right? If anyone has any info on it I'd be more than happy to find out about it!