Timaru to Christchurch

Christchurch Travel Blog

Today we headed back to Christchurch. Our holiday time is getting closer to ending. :-(

As it wasn't a very long drive to Christchurch we decided to go straight to Orana Wildlife Park as I wanted to see the rhinoseros being fed. It was a lovely day so when we got there we had a walk around and saw some of the things a bit better this time and waited til it was time for the feeding.  It was amazing. Although there is still 2 barriers between us and them, it is close enough to get a good look at them. Also when we were here on the 21st August, we did the ride in the cage to feed the lions so this time we stood on the outside of the enclosure to see the event from a different angle.  It was definately worth coming back.

The otters were so tired, this one was yawning

It was then time to go and check in to our hotel. We stayed at Chateau Blanc Suites last year so that is where we decided to stay again. We even had the same appartment.

After settling in we decided to go to the supermarket and pick up a couple of things. I also contacted the lady that we had met while we were in Dunedin and she asked us to come around for dinner.  We went to her house for dinner and she had also invited a male friend around so we enjoyed dinner/drinks and good conversation. The lady is French and her friend is Canadian. It was funny when he came into the house as he assumed that we were french and greeted us in french. He must have thought that we were strange as I just kept answering him in english. Then we told him and had a laugh.

We left the house after midnight and when we got back to the hotel the carpark gates were locked. I had to go to reception and ask them to open them. That wasn't a problem but now we know that the gates are locked at midnight. We were told that if we were likely to be out after midnight we just had to let them know so I put the phone number in my phone so that I could contact them if we were out late I could contact them and they would leave the gates open til we got back.

The otters were so tired, this one…
The otters were so tired, this on…
The Calves are Butter & Scotch
Lions at feed time
Lions at feed time
Christchurch Hotels & Accommodations review
Very nice
We had a 1 bedroom appartment, king size bed, very comfortable. We had a small kitchen and a good size livingroom/diningroom. There was also a single … read entire review
Christchurch