Orana Widlife Park

Christchurch Travel Blog

I found a Llama

Well this morning we were up at a reasonable time, had breakfast and then headed for the wildlife park.  We decided to ride around the park on the shuttle just to get our bearings, so checked out the Meerkat and Otters while we were waiting.

After that we decided to follow the "feeding time" trail. We started with the Lemurs then went on to the Tigers.

From there we went to the Giraffe feeding. That was fun and they were so docile. We fed them and patted them. Wow!

By that time we decided to go and have a drink and a snack as we had a couple of things booked for the afternoon. It was about this time that I found a Llama.

Then we made our way to the Kiwi house. We saw them, just as they decided to go and hide. Oh well never mind.

Kiwi

A quick look at the reptile house and then we had to meet by the Lion enclosure.

We saw the lions lying around in the enclosure and then went around to meet the animal keepers. We were put into a cage on the back of a truck. Jokes were made by the keepers about us being lion food.  The truck was then taken into the lion enclosure where before we knew it, there was a lion on the top of the cage. Lions were up at the sides and roaring to be fed. A great experience!

From there we went to the Tigers den. A little bit of food was given to the tiger but it was more about stimulation and being able to check out the tigers teeth etc.  Good stuff!

More cats! We walked to the other side of the park to see the Cheetahs feeding and from there to see the African dogs being fed.

We had a great day. Our muscles are aching. So much walking!

Unfortunately we didn't see the rhinos being fed and a couple of other things but we could only be in one place at a time. Who knows, we might have to com e back. :-)

Have posted some photoes. More to come

YantiSoeparno says:
I'm sure that my daughters will love this place...
Thanks for sharing :D
Posted on: Sep 05, 2008
pms70 says:
Sounds like you had a great time, must have been a wonderful experience to get up close and personal with all the animals!
Posted on: Aug 22, 2008
yheleen says:
the blog promises a good adventure my friend ;)
Posted on: Aug 21, 2008
Rainbow trout at Orana
Rainbow trout at Orana
Christchurch Sights & Attractions review
Fantastic!
Where do I begin? $20 per adult for entry. There are a couple of things that you can do at an extra cost. We did them. There is a free shuttle that r… read entire review
Christchurch