Back to Kaikoura

Kaikoura Travel Blog

Heading into Greymouth

After a great breakfast in the restaurant, looking at the views we headed for Hanmer Springs via Lewis Pass. We first went to Greymouth just so that we could see a different part of the road.

We reached a place called Maruia Springs at which there was a resort with the hot springs and there was snow around but because it was still early we continued to Hanmer Springs but it was raining and there was no snow so we had lunch and Andrew decided that he would like to go back to Kaikoura, so we set off again.

We tried to take an alternate route through Mt Lyford but the road was closed so we went towards Cheviot and back up.

It wasn't much further that way but when we got to Kaikoura it was raining and we couldn't see the mountains like we could the other day.

Oh well, we thought, we would stay the night and see how the weather would be in the morning.  We ended up in a hotel. Not my idea of good accomodation but Andrew said ok so we stayed and had dinner there, so I had to have crayfish to compensate!

Before going to bed we decided that we would be up and gone by 7a.m. tommorrow.

reikunboy says:
mmmmmm crayfish mmmmmmmmmm
Posted on: Sep 03, 2008
glennisnz says:
Glad you got to try crayfish, verygood compensation I would say!
Glennis