eeny, meeny, miney, mo....

Munich Travel Blog

Hotel Sziget
Since we had to check out at 10am but our friends had booked a second night, we simply dragged all our stuff into their room and hung out until we had to leave around 12. Our train left for Vienna at 1.30pm and we even managed to find a compartment to ourselves! The only downside was the lack of air conditioning made it uncomfortable and I was still sick from the cold we all got on the last day. I slept almost all the way to Vienna and then we found out that our train was continuing on to Munich. Since it was only another 3 or 4 hours and it would mean less travel to get back to Amsterdam we made kind of a spontaneous snap decision not to get off.

I'm really glad that we made that decision because I enjoyed Munich a lot! I had only been to Dusseldorf before this and I wanted to see Bavaria (of which Munich or Munchen is capital). Since it was only for one night the pair of us splashed out and stayed in a 'real' hotel! It had the softest beds I swear!

We had dinner at a very kitsch, traditional Bavarian place. The Bistro cart on the train didn't accept bank cards so we hadn't eaten since about 12, it was very very satisying to sink into a hearty stew and some steak. It was by no means sophisticated cuisine but it was definitly Bavarian and satisfied my urge to try local food.

A quiet drink at the bar and into bed! We had planned on going out but the hotel wasn't close to anything that seemed good and the lazy bastard in me prevailed.
a REAL BED
a REAL BED
Munich Hostels review
luxury for less!
A few streets behind the Munich Hbf (thank goodness it wasn't far to walk, in the rain, with backpacks!) is the 4You Hostel. They have free wifi and g… read entire review
photo by: AleksandraEa