Charlotte Mini-Meetup Aug 29th at Feast @ HŌM

Charlotte Travel Blog

The Charlotte Mini-Meetup was a success!!!

When Juan found out that Mario and Val were coming to visit NC, he and Mario both requested me to set up a meetup in Charlotte. Ok, Friday is free, so no problem. Since the time was short for planning, this was very informal and not overly planned, mini-meetup in honor of my lil bro Mario (and Val). After only posting the meetup for one week we had about 12 people attend. That's great. Thank you all for coming to Feast at HŌM (and Play and Liv).

First, in the morning, I picked up Mario and Val at the airport and we crossed the border to SC to avoid the strange NC liquor laws. At the first exit from the highway we found two types of stores - Fireworks and Liquor Hahahaha. We went in a discount liquor store called Frugal McDoogal and the hunt for 'Firefly' was on.
We found it quickly then proceeded to look for some pink tequila for Mario. Sadly, in the south, that is not considered ''manly drink and it was not stocked at Frugal. Hahahaha sorry bro. Properly stocked with liquor, we arrived to my house and headed for the pool to try out Mario's underwater digi. Check out his blog for the underwater pix. Wow, so cool.

For the meetup that night, se decided to arrive to the meetup early so that we could make sure to catch all the participants as they arrived. Mario, Val, Donna and me ordered our first drinks and they were fine except Mario's Bloody Cesar. We all agreed that something was not right with that drink so I called the bar maid over. She asked what was the problem and Mario looked at her and said 'somethings missing'. She asked 'what?' and Mario replied 'I think it's missing the taste'.
Hahahaha very funny bro. I'm glad you were more happy with the SoCo&7.

Everyone gradually arrived and we shared greetings and ordered food, and generally had some great conversation and discussions about travel and living. It was nice to work the way around the group and hear the stories from different people. Very nice. After the dinner, the manager said he would comp our cover charge for the lounge and the club. Perfect! We will do both. In the lower level is Liv which is a nice lounge with a DJ, and a few places to sit. It was a nice chill vibe, but not so many people for a Friday. I got to observe a few people attempt to walk through a mirror. Ian, best of all, excused himself after bumping into his own reflection. Good one man. Very good! :)

On the upper level is Play which is a dance club with a House/Top40 dj.
We skipped the comp'd VIP area and instead hung out on the terrace. The conversation was easier since it was not so loud. Also they had some hanging basket chairs that some people wanted to play in. Guys, to all of you, I thank you. It was a very nice evening. Juan, Marie, Donna, Mario, Val, Santiago, Laura, Wade, Ian, Andi (& friend) and Karina it was great to meet all of you!

Feast @ HŌM, 116 West 5th, Charlotte, NC (Play, Liv and Feast at HŌM hahaha pretty cool)

yadilitta says:
my friend, it was a success, cool!!!! It was so great being part of it by phone, haha. Now you are ready for Lima and then Rio, super!!! You had a great time and we are gonna have so much fun here too :)
Posted on: Sep 03, 2008
john1112 says:
hey!
it was a great Travbuddy meet and greet.

:D
ENJOY !!!
Posted on: Aug 29, 2008
Yep theyll be there
Yep they'll be there
Hahaha No words needed!!! MARIO!!
Hahaha No words needed!!! MARIO!!
Awwwwwwww
Awwwwwwww
Frugal MacDougals
Frugal MacDougals
Hot Air Balloon
Hot Air Balloon
Uhhhhhh its missing the taste!!
Uhhhhhh it's missing the taste!!
Much Better