Shop A Holic

Denver Travel Blog

So I woke up my first morning at 5AM -- Slept about 6 hours but that is rather good considering I always woke up early the first few days! But that only means that I can take full advantage of my days!!

I am staying at Jo's the first day.  We took Erin to daycare then the anticipated trip to the old workplace - WRC!  Ran in the door and surprised Andi!  Bought the ladies some Starbucks and caffeinated my body so I survive the trip over to Colorado Mills and my power shopping tour!  I borrowed Jo's car, picked up Knitter and headed off to the mall!  It was fantastic having Jennifer with me. First we went over to Eddie Bauer and spent about 1hr in there buying and buying! I am changing my colors a bit, trying out charcoal blue pants, with blues and pastels.  Came out of there with about a 200 buck bill but now I am set for the rest of the year with clothes!  I enjoy my Mountain Girl style!  I bought Knitter a shirt!  She helped me quite a bit carrying a few bags while I went crazy in the stores!  We also got Jen a necklace where I put a Danish coin on it and a charm that said SMILE which she will do when she feels and look at the necklace!  It was such a joy seeing her gleam and hearing her laugh!

Brought Jo's car back to WRC and meet VJ for the pass off!  VJ and I found some Mexican food off of 6th Ave. near my old residence and afterwards headed to the Botanical Gardens for a concert by KT Tunstall! What a way to break in my Soul, some magical music in a magical place!! VJ and concerts and recharging our Souls, what a wonderful vacation so far!!

Made the drive back afterwards up and over the Mountains to Hot Sulphur Spring!

The flight was not so horrible! Sleeped alot and watched a few movies! The trip started by going to bed rather late on Saturday night, packing a little at 1.00 AM and then again at 6AM and then outta the door about 7.30AM to catch the plane!  The rules have become even more stricter to enter the US.  First went thru the first stage of security to enter the airport. As I was trying to find my way to my gate noticed that we had to go thru passport control. After that found signage leading me to gate, rounded the corner and noticed a long line at the gate entrance.  Stood in line and had to get our bags scanned again and we could not bring any drinks onto the plane even though I just bought a bottle of water about 50m away.... It does not matter, we are no longer able to bring any liquids to drink on the plane anymore.  Our rights are increasingly disappearing!!  Whats next??

Flying not so exciting. Landing in CO much more excitement!!  Meet Jo and Erin at the airport in a daze. Drove to Jo's house hearing all the updates on our old program that we ran together for the City of Lakewood!  It feels so natural being back in this area! I wonder why I ever left such an area! But hey I can always come back!!

jflarry says:
You want your rights back? Vote for Obama and a democratic congress and hope for the best
Posted on: Aug 23, 2008