Hiking Rollins Pass

Winter Park Travel Blog

So Sue was able to come home to CO sooner than expected which was fabulous. Now all 3 of us get to spend some time together!

VJ drove to Winter Park and then turned off on the Rollins Pass road and we drove and drove up to the top! What bumpy ride! Along the way I saw such devastation to the forest up there! What a shock to see the forests we used to tromp thru be clear cut! YIKES! Today was not a long or exceptionally hard hike but the point of this hike was to be above tree line and that wish was granted as VJ as my guide!! We hiked along the old coach road looking down at Winter Park on one side and the front range around the corner! After a little hiking we found some old huts on top of the noll where the wind blew crazily! It was wonderful to have protection from the elements and we could of not been blessed with better weather!

Somehow I am going to have to capture the feeling of being so HIGH in the air on the mountain! That is what I miss the most about CO, the walks, the views, it puts one in your place! We spent the majority of the time in AWE gazing about.

Thanks VJ and Sue for helping rejuvenate my SOUL!!
Winter Park