Chills on the boat

Zadar Travel Blog

Leaving the harbour
It was our last day in Vodice and last night we decided to hire a boat for half a day for only €50,-. With some headache from the night befotre we headed to the nearest Konzum Supermarket, which they want us to believe is the Croatian word for Supermarket. We bought food, fruit and drinks, enough to keep us alive for 50 days, if we would fall asleep and land on a deserted island. The ship owner who knew us, shouted: DJAANNGOO from the Netherlands! As I was the only Django from the Netherlands at that place, I assumed he was referring to me. The speedboat with a helicopterdeck was already taken, so we got a bit smaller boat, with a rooftop, a cabin with enough life jackets to keep the crew of the Titanic floating, and a motor with a dazzling speed of 5PK.
MTV Cribs special
The boat owner showed us around, drove a few metres on the water with us, showed us the anchor and how to drive this floating Ferrari.

Excited as we were, we drove to the sea between mainland and the first island and decided to throw the anchor and chill a bit around. We had 5 more hours, enough to transfer some shippings to Italy and back. As we were out of money, there was less to ship, so the option of the anchor was at that point the best one. I brought along a small ghettoblaster, with some chill out music. We took our pineapple, ate it, and left the top for Spongebob, as he asked for a new rooftop. The camerateam aboard, existing of me, made a MTV Cribs movie of the boat. We showed us our fridge (our coolsystem we use in the car), our chicks (who were on another boat), our hifi system (my mp4 player) and ofcourse our motors (the 5pk one).
Eating fish, drinking wine
Well that was that. Time to drive around a bit. First up was to get that anchor back in the boat. The owner showed us how to use one, but forgot to tell us how to get it back. The anchor got stuck between some rocks deep under sea level. We drove around it, backwards, frontal, we made a 360 flipflop, nothing worked out. After half an hour struggling we finally got it, whilest deciding to never use it again.

The hours passed, we floated around, closed our eyes, woke up behind the border the owner gave us, floated back, saw some islands and other boats, made some silly dances and drove back to the harbour. The sun was going down and we went eating fish (ofcourse!) at a small restaurant at the boulevard. The boulevard of broken dreams. It was as if every girl wanted to say goodbye from us in a special dressed way walking over the boulevard as if it was the Victoria Secret catwalk show. Damn!

With our belongings already packed into our car, we drove to Zadar, our first kilometers back to Holland. We found a youth hostel at Zadar near some harbour. We got a private room, with 8 beds, where I jumped of from all of them, making pictures with the timer. I succeeded and I was tired from jumping. Time to sleep. Another two days ahead, of driving slowely back to Holland as hard as possible.
Zadar Hostels review
Big youth hostel
If you're into hostels, this would be a great spot to meet new people, if you come here to rest, find a hotel ;) The hostel is placed near one of t… read entire review
Zadar