EuropeCroatiaKrk

Bewitched isle of Krk

Krk Travel Blog

Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Three hours of sleep later I woke up in a sauna. My tent was in the middle of the sun, I heard people getting into their cars, one of the nieghbors walked out their dog, who barked, and the boss telling him to be quiet. Very open people, the Slovenians. You sleep in their garden, and they dont bother you and tell their dogs to be quiet. Luckely my buddy woke up to, so we packed our tents, which by now took us only 15 seconds, and drove to the coast. Hmm where is the beach? We followed the coast up and down (Slovenia has the smallest coastline), but nowhere beaches. Only industry and harbours. Apparently things are a bit different then here in Holland, with dunes and large sand beaches. Here, people lay down on cement boulevards on a small towel. Well, when in Slovenia, act like Slovenia.
That 70's Show
So we showered in the sea, had a small nap getting over our hang over on a towel on the boulevard, eat a huge burger and thinking of a plan what to do.

As my mate already saw Istria, we decided to go to the first isle of Croatia: Krk. Since a few years there's a huge bridge from the mainland to the island, we drove to Krk city, not knowing where else to go. We saw that there should be a hostel. But that one was closed. We came by a tourist info point. An old woman came by and said if we were looking for a place to stay, well we were. So we had to follow her by car, and came to her house, where she had some rooms. She told her the price, which was suddenly €20 higher. The room was sooo discusting and old, from the 70's. Our balcony was right in front of her garden where she inspected us. Clouds came over the sky. This woman must be a witch! Fast we went to the city to have a bite and a few drinks.
That 70s Show