Not Really Doing Much

Chang Rai Travel Blog

I did catch a cat, though

We had a day to kill while in Siem Reap which we spent visiting the Landmine Museum, set up by a guy from the area who had set mines around the country when fighting for the Vietnamese during the war. Like most of Cambodian history, it was as sad as it was interesting.

We then headed back to Phnom Penh where we were to fly from, with an extra day to kill due to our clowning around earlier in the trip. We visited the Russian Market. There, Kyle dragged me around to every stall that was selling knock-off designer handbags for 'ridiculously cheap', apparently. She bought one and was pleased, as I was to get out of there.

Then we headed off to Thailand. Because we weren't able to fly direct to Chang Rai, we had to stop off at Bangkok, for a couple of hours, anyway. It could have gone wrong due to us having to make a connection, but it went as well as could be hoped. Unfortunately, once we arrived, we weren't so lucky. We had planned to go trekking in the hills around the area, which would require a guide. Unfortunately, no-one else seemed to be in the area, despite it being one of the more popular areas of Thailand to go trekking. Therefore we were getting charged more because it was only us two, so declined on all tours we were offered.

We cut our losses and got the next bus to our next destination, Chang Mai, which, hopefully, would have a trek we could attend with other people and for less money.

Chang Rai