Mama Linh's Boat Trip

Nha Trang Travel Blog

Singing 'Waltzing Matilda'

After waking up feeling pretty groggy from the beers the night before, I had the realisation that I had booked on a boat trip and would have to spend the day socialising. It didn't appeal. I made it on time, though, and after the first activity, snorkelling (which I hate), I woke up and snapped out of it. Snorkelling was typically disappointing (didn't see anything apart from fish.)

I was a bit hesitant about the Mama Linh's boat trip, cos the way it was advertised it sounded a little Butlins, if not a little Club 18-30. It was actually great fun, though. The Vietnamese guides were quality - performing songs using a drum kit made of pots and pans and barrels and singing a song for each different nationality onboard. Of course, being as sly as an old fox, I said I was a nationality that had already been up on stage, Australian, when he asked me, so that I didn't have to sing a song. Genius.

Before the entertainment we were treated to some good food. Again, for about three quid, it was unbelievable value for money - with a buffet lunch and feast of all types of fruit in the afternoon. Part of the itinerary was to visit the surrounding islands in Nha Trang, but to be honest there wasn't much to see - each with a small beach, some sun loungers thrown out and the entourage of clone tour boats moored by the pier.

A slightly cheesy, but very fun day tour, and, again, brilliant value for money.

Singing Waltzing Matilda