Hangzhou

Hangzhou Travel Blog

Three Pools Mirroring The Moon

The main attraction in Hangzhou is the massive West Lake. We had an afternoon before heading to Yellow Mountain to explore it, taking a tourist boat across to a couple of the islands.

It was a nice place to spend a day, even if the temperatures were red-hot. Chinese people tend to spend their holidays in China - I don't even get the impression they are told of a world outside it - so it means that anything you might want to see, thousands upon thousands of Chinese also do. In the world's most populous country, it's hardly surprising, but it means you are never likely to find any peace and quiet.

Six more people joined our group to form a part of another Gecko's itinerary. One guy, Trevor, happened to be a Mackem, so it was only right that we went to find the Spurs Sunderland game together. We were unsuccessful in finding the game, but several bars and a few taxi journeys later we did eventually find an Irish pub showing one of the later ones. Once we found out the score, in typical Mackem fashion, I got a rendition of Sunderland's greatest football chants by my now new nemisis. Also in typical Mackem fashion, he wasn't taking going home for an answer, so we ended up staying out till all hours till we got kicked out and had watched the last of any football on the big screen.

jannahw says:
I'm pleased to read that you are getting in a bit of practise for your return to the real world!
Posted on: Aug 12, 2007