Don´t Cry For Me, Argentina

Mendoza Travel Blog

Dancing

Sorry, had to get that in there somehow. If you hadn't guessed, it meant that we're leaving, crossing the border to Chile. But here's what happened since I last updated.

On Friday night we went to the Parque Civico to a night of dinner and dancing. Well, I did the former, primarily. There were stalls with all different foods, and I filled up on empanadas - small meat pies that I've been hammering almost as much as the steaks.

On Saturday we hired some bikes again and headed to the park. I had wanted to see a football match at the estadio there, but unfortunately there wasn't a game being played. So we cycled around on a pair of rickety old bikes, had some lunch and climbed Cerro de la Gloria. Here we got a good view of the city, and were supposed to see an impressive statue at the top, but it was covered in scaffolding, unfortunately.

No prizes for guessing what we did on our last night in Argentina. Yep, more steaks. This time I had a 600g baby beef steak. It was a monster. Some Americans next to me asked, "Isn't that too much?" I can't believe I'm out-eating the Yanks now. At the restaurant I did some steak maths. I worked it out that in 30 days in Argentina I had eaten 12 steaks in 8 different locations, each weighing about 500g. Therefore, using a calculator one can see I ate about 6kg of cow in 30 days. Not bad.

600g of baby beef