Anchors Away!!!!!!!!

Skegness Travel Blog

Coach View!

Ahhh Skegness. The sun, the sea, the sand... Hang on theres none of that in Skegness! The 18th of August 2008 saw the likes of me and my fellow workmates visiting the British seaside town of 'Skeggy'. In true Brit style the rain poured in the morning, paving the way for hit and miss style showers through out the rest of the day.

Arriving at work at 8:30am, we made a ridiculous amount of sandwiches to ratio of people going. You never know whats gonna happen, so stock up on the food whilst you can... We set off at half past nine, in a minibus that I shall politely describe as 'cosy' clever me sat at the back to get the most spacious and comfortable seat. Hahahaha. My knees were up around my shoulders, and I ended up getting travel sick for the first time ever!! Feeling a little worse for wear I changed seats to the front of the bus, where things felt a little more stable!

When we arrived I couldnt wait to get off the bus, and feeling a little wobbly we took a slow walk to find a coffee place, (caffiene was neeeeded!) The Coffee Bean seemed a nice place so three of us got a Mocha with Marshmallow, whilst the others settled for a 50p Tea from what only can be described as a caravan that sold fish, next door.

Beach and Pier

After the refresh, off we were on a mission to find the infamous "Skeggy Market" We asked people the way and finally saw a sign for it.. Taking a slow stroll around the smallest indoor market on earth, selling only old mans slacks, net curtains for your caravan and cleaning products, we realised that this must be the wrong place. It MUST be... Anyways we gave up on it and got a taxi to "Fantasy Island" Ingoldmels, Where we knew we could find what we were looking for, fake designer clothes of course! Fantasy Island is a collection of amusements, fairground rides and psychic palm readers in sheds, intertwined with hooky market traders and less than quality food stalls. None of us realised the enormousness of this place, it took us three hourse to walk around.

Me Diane and Sharon
Three hours to realise that there was nothing worth buying, and three hours to realise that none of us would want fake designer goods anyway!

Along the journey Sharon and I visited a psychic/palm reader. What she said could be interpreted in a lots of ways, and I suppose its whether you are a sceptic or not tha decides if its a convincing read. But for £10, errrrm I wasnt that impressed. Sharon was otherwise pleased though. After a quick fish and chip dinner we headed back to Skeggy, this time daring to take the bus!!

Looking out across the beach  down the pier, over the gritty polluted sand, the brown flowing waters, further out to sea, the oil rigs and wind farms, in the gale force winds and the spitting rain you take a deep sigh and think.

.. I really am home.

When we arrived back in Skeggy the rest of the day was spent playing around on the many grabber machines and two pnce manchines in the amusements along the seafront. I won a giant frankinstein teddy bear with green underwear on, under the underwear...shockingly enough there was a small yet visible teddy bear penis. Tastefull! The bus ride home made me feel worse than the bus ride there. Although this time no vomit was involved, there was at least one upside... I had a Frankin-Teddies BACKSIDE to rest my head on all the way home.

goezi says:
Sounds like Frankinteddy needed a pair of those Old Man Slacks!
Posted on: Aug 20, 2008