Cruise 2008

Tampa Travel Blog

4 people in a 2004 Ford Focus.  We load up the car, trunk packed to capacity, and we settle in ourselves. Our average height between us is about 5'10, and I bring that average down significantly.   We are about to embark on a 10 hour drive to Tampa, FL from Raleigh, NC.  4 people, 10 hour drive, very little leg room.  We have to be at the ship by 1 pm so, naturally we leave the night before around 7ish, now me being the paranoid woman that I am naturally assumes that we are going to get pulled over, and have 3 flat tires before my engine blows up and we miss the ship and cruise altogether.  We finally arrive about 4 hours early dispite taking an hour and a half break to eat because we were making such good time.  We couldn't even park in the parking deck, we were so early.  Now after driving all night and no leg room needless to say everyone was tired and varying degrees of grouchy.  Just seeing the ship perked us all up.  We went from about to cut each other to laughing and excitment in .02 seconds.  We get on the ship and obviously our rooms aren't ready because we watched the last cruisers depart form the ship.  We make ourselves at home on the lawn chairs near the pool.  John, my husband promptly falls asleep.. and I'm pretty sure he was snoring.  Allie and I take a couple pictures and then we fall asleep, in the middle of everything, the excitement of getting on the boat, meeting new people, listening to caribbean music, getting some food, starting in on the drinks, and some group activities that have to entertain their newest guests, the 4 of us are sound asleep.  We wake up to the fire alarm going off and we're supposed to report to a "mustard" station.  The siren going off almost made me wet my pants and then to have to find an unknown location with no direction and our important bags still in tow was quite a sight.

A few hours later we wake up just intime to see us start to leave port.

Tampa