Hit the beach in Phuket

Phuket Travel Blog

After a week of short stays and many plane trips I head to the beaches of Phuket for some final days of relaxing before returning to London.  I was staying on Kata beach and eager to get there as soon as possible.  This is when I was herded into a van headed that way and sat around in the well heated inside for about 20 minutes of chaos.  The driver filled the van and then took us on a joy ride to travel agents trying to get us to book something, but in the end made it to my destination – Mom Tri Boathouse.

The hotel is right on the beach complete with a chair man to set you up everyday and keep you well hydrated.  There was a regatta in for the week so lots of sailboats and people to check out.  The weather was perfect the entire time I was there.

One day I took a speed boat excursion out to Phi Phi islands.

I highly recommend this tour but be wary if you get sea sick.  Our boat skipped across waves at tremendous speeds sending water and back breaking vibrations through me for a solid hour until our arrival.  Pulling up to the inlet of Phi Phi islands was well worth it though, such a beautiful spot to be.  A bit of snorkelling and a stop at the main island and all too soon I was bouncing around in the boat.

Back on Kata beach things were quiet and the sun was out as usual.  Kata tends to be quieter than the other beaches that are full of pubs and clubs so depending on what you’re after keep that in mind!  Patong beach isn’t far away for your nightlife needs so just grab a Tuk Tuk and head that way for the partying.

photo by: Aclay01