EuropeFranceNice

Nice during Halloween

Nice Travel Blog

Nice coast
Happy Halloween! Woke up to a wet and gloomy day, but I'm in France so there's not much to complain about.  During breakfast, one of the hostel staff came around with suggestions on what to do for the day (rain or shine).  We decided to head straight for the beach, while it wasn't raining.  The water was really pretty, there were like 3 different shades of blue to the water.  It got darker blue the further out you looked out into the water.  The waves were crashing pretty hard and the clouds were covering the sun, but it managed to peak out for a few minutes and then disappear.  We went down on the sand for a closer look and then all of a sudden this crazy wave comes up and there's no place to run.
Nice coast
  I ended up getting one of my shoes and my left leg wet, not cool.  We decided to walk over to the Fruit and Flower market.  There were a bunch of tents full of flowers, fruits, and food.  Then we made our way to La Chateau to check out the views.  It was a short climb up to a few different view points, definitely worth checking out and climbing up to the top.  I wish the sun was out, it would have been so much more amazing.  It started to rain and we quickly walked through the rest of La Chateau before heading back down to the market to grab some lunch.  After lunch, we caught the bus to Eze Village to check out the medieval city in the rain.  It was really hard to do much with the rain, we wandered through the narrow alleys of Eze village and then headed back to the hostel.  The village was nice, it was an authentic medieval village.  Back at the hostel there was a 80s themed Halloween party, there were some pretty fun costumes.  There was one girl that wore leggings under her one piece bathing suit and looked like an 80s trainer, it was creative.
Market