London Baby!

London Travel Blog

Roman Baths

Caught my flight from Edinburgh to London Luton and made my way to meet Hyemi.  It was nice to see a familiar face again after traveling for 2 weeks by myself.  Just took it easy for the rest of the day, chatted with Caleb and Hyemi and we headed for dinner.  Went to a nice tapas place and then the hilton hotel for a view of the city.

Next day we took a Royal London city tour, we met our group in front of the Wellington Arc.  Our tour guide's name was Becky and she was going to take us to see Buckingham Palace, Green Park, Big Ben, Parliment, Westminister Abbey, and Trafalgar Square.

Roman Baths
  All the sites were amazing to see, I think my favorite place was Trafalgar Square. After the tour we grab some lunch and ate it in Trafalgar Square, it was fun people watching. The National Gallery was in the area so we went to see some art, they had some Picasso, Monet, and Leonardo pieces. Then we took the tube to Notting Hill for some fish and chips.

Third day in London we did an Evans Evans tour of Windsor Castle, Bath, and Stonehenge. Windor Castle was cool, we got to see the queen's dollhouse, staterooms, and cathedral.  The dollhouse was crazy, it was a minature replica of the castle. It was so detailed right down to the minature chess set.

Stonehenge
Powered through the audio tour and ran back to our bus for our next stop at Bath.  The Roman Baths were really cool too. The story behind the Roman Baths is that King George went to the soak in the Baths when he had leoporsy and was cured. The naturally heated water is suppose to have "healing" powers.  At the end of the audio tour, you can try some of the Bath water in the Pump Room. The water was nice and warm with a hint of Iron, I drank it all to test it's healing powers. Our final stop was at Stonehenge, I was most excited to see this site.  The stones looked a lot smaller than I had expected, but it was still amazing.  The tour finished around 7, so we took Caleb out for Indian food when we got back.

Last day in London we did some more exploring, this time through Old London. Got up early to purchase show tickets for Billy Elliot, I had to watch a musical in London. Then we headed over to St. Paul's Cathedral, Millenium Bridge, London Bridge, and London Tower.  After the sites we had some tea and scones at Fortum and Mason to relax before our shows. Hyemi went to watch Les Miserable, while I went to watch Billy Elliot.  I had already seen Les Miserable and wanted to see something new, Billy Elliot was recommended to me by someone I met on the plane. It was a great show, I believe there is a movie with the same name.  Elton John wrote the music for the musical. I laughed and cried, I loved it.

Next stop Amsterdam.

daisywho says:
I did pack in a lot of sites. I was pretty drained by the end, but I enjoyed every single place.
Posted on: Mar 03, 2009
azsalsa says:
You really packed in the sites during your time there!
Posted on: Feb 26, 2009
daisywho says:
Old co-worker from Paramount.
Posted on: Sep 28, 2008